I was fortunate enough to present PolyCultures at three notable film festivals:
While not a film festival per se, one of PolyCultures' highest-profile screenings occurred when PBS/WVIZ aired the 53:30 version just before PBS's national premiere of Food Inc. to commemorate Earth Day in April 2010. It screened several more times on WVIZ and other PBS affiliates in the region.
- Official Selection of the 8th Annual Wild & Scenic Environmental Film Festival in Nevada City, California in January 2010
- Spoke & fielded questions at 2 screenings
- This is the largest environmental film festival in the U.S.
- Official Selection of the 33rd Annual Cleveland International Film Festival in March 2009
- Featured Selection in the "It's Easy Being Green" & "Local Heroes" series
- Number of theaters screening it doubled due to audience demand - over 1000 were estimated to have seen it during the fest, which was it's official debut
- Joined Director Tom Kondilas & others behind the project for a well-attended panel discussion following the initial screening
- Official Selection at the 13th Annual Community Food Security Coalition conference in Des Moines, Iowa in October 2009
- Spoke & fielded questions at the screening, where the PBS cut was officially premiered
- This is the largest conference & most established on the social justice issues surrounding the U.S. food system
Here are some of the other film fests that have featured PolyCultures: